
Hai Ning, Happy Birthday to you!
I heard you had been busy reading our friends' blogs when you were drifting in and out of your long slumber in Africa. 'Hong Soh' as you, I'm sure you will keep yourself busy to know what activities we are up to! So I also chao kiasu now, I want you to read my long-abandoned blog. I've stopped writing few months back when our 'blog craze' has subsided. Never thought that I had to wait for this kind of incident to motivate me to de-moss my blog. Sigh, life is so unpredictable...
The other day when you were still sleeping in Africa, I got Hao Zheng to read you my letter, maybe I'll show you again here just in case you were 'ginko' because I know he must have read you soooo many letters from us PK:
**********************************************
Dearest Hai Ning,
I don’t know how to begin writing our stories….
You know, you are my first friend in standard 4. You made me feel at home in a totally new environment as we just got to a new class. In standard 5, remember you showed me 4 strawberry erasers. 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow. And then you told me to keep 2, and you yourself will keep 2. Years later, if we happened to have drifted apart and forgot about each other, we could remind each other of the strawberries story that we’ve been close friends. Hai Ning, now please answer me which colour of strawberries you are keeping? Do you still remember? I still have the 2 strawberries erasers you gave me, carefully kept in a little box, it’s like a treasure of our friendship. Please... I’m waiting for your answer. I know you do remember.
I looked back the emails you have sent me and the advises you gave me all these years. I realize although we are far apart, our hearts always stay close because I know I could always come to you whenever I want someone to talk. And you never fail to give me a whole new perspective in life. At one point in life, I was very lost and kept wanting to search for a purpose, you told me: ‘I don't think there's really an ultimate purpose of life, it's not meant to be found, that way we will always keep searching, keep living our lives. It's the thought of searching that keeps us going.’ Although I still haven’t found that purpose in life, I’ve stopped feeling lost because I’ve taken your advise: to keep living our lives. Hai Ning, I know you’ve found your purpose in life, now you just have to live it. I’m soooo looking forward to celebrate life with you. Come on, wake up and let’s go play...
Hai Ning, I’ve got so much to talk to you. Let’s not trouble your brother to read it to you anymore. I’ll talk to you personally when you wake up ok? I promise I won’t show you my 粗话脸 ever again. And thanks for putting up with my 衰样 all these years and despite all that, still loving me as who I am.
Love you always,
meisan
*******************************************
It was meant to be a letter to motivate you to wake up to continue your wonderful life, to empower you to live on. At that point, I really believed you will never leave us. How could you? It's ridiculous! You love us and will never leave us! That's what I thought.
Until Behkim told us how severe your condition was, until Min reminded us that we should let you go, I only realized it's really time to bid you goodbye. What Min said really made sense: we were all just losing 1 Hai Ning, but you were losing so many of us, including your parents. It must be really a struggle for you to let it all go. We should help you in the process of letting go, not making it more difficult.
It was so painful to love you and let you go. We have consoled ourselves that we should celebrate your wonderful life instead of mourning our loss.
You are immortal now Hai Ning, for you have integrated into our lives and live on in our hearts forever. Fly now my beloved friend, my heart will soar with you...

还记得form 2 要升上form 3 时, 我和大部分的PK 分班,哇,那感觉像天崩地裂,然后诗敏就安慰我说,我们不再是同学,但我们是朋友。
ReplyDelete然而这一次的离别,让我们更深的体会,这么多年来的相濡以沫,我们何止是朋友,这已经是亲如家人了。
Well said, well spoken
ReplyDeleteForever in our memories, never forgotten